Time for sales!...all year round.
As if we haven’t done enough shopping over the last few weeks for the Holidays!
The week after Santa climbs down the chimney is one of the best times of the year to shop for a deal if you’re looking to save a little money - if you live in Canada.
Our neighbors call it Boxing Day week, and their stores slash their prices to get people in the door.
(Think of it as their version of Black Friday.)
But - you don’t have to rely on major sales and battle huge crowds to save money. You can find great deals all year round!
In fact, retailers tend to have a yearly pattern of common items that they discount - you just need to know what that pattern is!
Here’s a quick rundown:
- January: Fitness equipment, home theater equipment, bedding & linens, videos games
- February: Winter apparel, home theater equipment, home goods (small appliances), chocolate
- March: Tax software, summer items like outdoor grills and furniture, St. Patrick’s Day apparel, air conditioners, luggage
- April: Vacuums, Easter candy, cookware
- May: Spring apparel, furniture, small kitchen appliances
- June: Gym memberships, clothing, movie tickets
- July: Personal electronics, clothing
- August: Swimsuits, back-to-school items and office supplies, outdoor items
- September: Mattresses, phones, personal electronics, large appliances
- October: Candy, outdoor furniture, jeans
- November: Tools, appliances, electronics
- December: Toys, Christmas decorations (after Christmas), alcohol, golf equipment
You’d be shocked at how much you can save simply by timing your purchases with retailer’s selling patterns.
As with every purchase, the key is to pay attention and shop around if you want to get the best value for your money.
Shopping smart is just a piece of the money management puzzle.
I prefer to take a holistic approach - like adding tax reduction and diverse investment strategies to the mix.
If you’d like to learn more about how you can make your money work smarter, not harder, call (480) 513-1830 to book a consultation with me, or click here to book a time that works for you.